tisdag 8 april 2014

About This Blog

This blog is intended to be my absent analyst, the pouring out of my concerns out into cyberspace so that you may waste your time reading what I have to say. There is nothing that is not a waste of time! So why not waste your time  here.

I am a person schooled for four years in analytical philosophy, my mad suggestions will range from peculiar topics in philosophy to things of public interest. Please note that a hard-to-detect sarcasm may be at work in some of what I write, I embody differnet personas and perspective as I write, I dont settle in for any of them however. Aristotle supposedly said that it is the sign of an intellegent person that she can entertain a proposition without believing it, that is an attitude I partly take to the extreme. Running toughts to their logical end point is always amusing, as it mostly leads to absurdities, but that does not mean that I believe it all. I write for very possible and actual people out there, I represent their wishes and concerns. I hope I will not be judged too harshly, as my intentions are good. 

The brightest person the last hundred years, and my by-far favorite author, Richard Rorty said that ironists (which I take myself to be) are always uncomfortable in their final vocabulary, they cannot help but to feel a certain rootlessness, a lack of solid ground to stand on. What I do is visit the ground of others who are more confident, run their thoughts to their logical end, and go somewhere else.



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar